Monday, November 25, 2013

Twinkle Crochet Stitch



One of the readers of my blog wrote to me asking help with this particular stitch. She would like to make a baby blanket similar to this one (click here), but doesn’t know how to go about it.

From what I can see in the picture, the blanket was made using double crochets and “twinkles”.







So I came up with my variation of "twinkles". 

I believe once you master making “twinkles” using my pattern below, you can measure your swatch, do some simple calculations, and start your Twinkle blanket.  

Good luck!




Ch 30.


Row 1: dc in 5th ch from hook, dc in each ch across. Ch 3, turn.


Row 2: dc in each dc across. Ch 3, turn.


Row 3: dc in next 11 dc, ch 4, skip next 3 dc, dc in next 11 dc, dc in turning ch. Ch 3, turn.


Row 4: dc in next 8 dc, ch 5, sc in ch-4 space, ch 5, skip next 3 dc, dc in next 8 dc, dc in turning ch. Ch 3, turn.


Row 5: dc in next 8 dc, dc in next 3 ch, ch 3, dc in last 3 ch of next ch-5, dc in next 8 dc, dc in turning ch. Ch 3, turn.


Row 6: dc in next 11 dc, dc in next 3 ch, dc in next 11 dc, dc in turning ch. Ch 3, turn.


Row 7: dc in each dc across.


10 comments:

  1. Simple but beautiful !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olga~
    What a pretty stitch!
    How sweet of you to help someone figure it out.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olga !!!!
    Pattern is really beautiful and simple. Thanks for sharing
    Moushumi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olga !
    Thanks a lot for the tutorial,You went out of your way to help me .. I'm sure my future baby will be so happy to have this blanket,
    Thanks a lot and Happy Thanksgiving dear
    Hana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the pastel colours you use for all your work. And even your pics. They look so soothing. Great work!
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feliz Natal!!! Que a manjedoura do seu coração esteja pronta para receber o Menino Jesus que irá nascer!!!
    Um ano novo repleto das bençãos de Deus!!!
    Doce abraço, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, do you think you could explain the diamond crochet??
    Thank You
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what diamond crochet is. Do you have a picture?

      Delete